Happy Monday! This week the Lord pressed on my heart for us to focus on intentionally bringing all thoughts into obedience to Him.
Sometimes the mind can wonder and before long our thoughts about a particular situation can be far from the desires of Christ. As believer's of Christ we have to be continually on guard against the working of the flesh and the enemy to ensure that our mind and thoughts align with Christ before any negative behavior can sprout.
What does the Bible say about thoughts and the mind?
"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,"
2 Corinthians 10:4-5
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
"The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so."
How Is The Challenge Completed?
1. Focus on a particular area you feel your mind tends to wonder in carnality or is unfocused. If unsure, ask the Lord for discernment on where you should begin.
2. Locate scriptures that speak directly to that area.
3. Pray and meditate on those scriptures. Write them on sticky notes and post them on your computer, in your car... wherever you will see them most.
4. Tune out certain songs, TV shows or movies that may fuel the particular area you are focusing on.
5. Take time out for daily devotion and prayer with God longer than what you normally do. Write in a journal to log your progress. The key is to focus on Christ as He is our strength! 💪
We are victorious in Jesus Christ and He has given us His word to use as our weapon of choice! ❤️
Planning on joining the challenge? Head over to the Proverbs 31 Woman Club on Facebook for fellowship and accountability during this challenge.